High Performance Program
The High Performance Program (HPP) was established in 2008 as our highest level program. It is a professional coaching and training program for aspiring high performance golfers ages 14-19, who are looking to become the best player they can be and have the goal of playing college golf or beyond. The HPP provides a comprehensive and systematic approach to training, competing and skill development. The HPP is available by invitation only to junior golfers who have completed a minimum of one year in the Competitive Golfer Program or be actively enrolled in private instruction with one of the Academy Instructors.
Participants will be instructed on the technical, physical and mental demands required to play golf at highest level. Each participant will receive opportunities for regular instruction, within a program designed around the needs of each individual. The program is extremely successful and it yields results. Participating athletes experience tremendous growth as young adults and have achieved many outstanding feats as competitive golfers. The HPP prepares participants for college golf and beyond.
Sue Cart, Head Teaching Professional
Ian Manning, Physical Therapist, OrthoCore Physical Therapy, North Kingstown, R.I. - http://orthocorept.com/
Students receive the following:
- An initial game assessment – video swing analysis, physical screening and exercise program, skills testing and goal setting interview.
- Twice monthly practice and training sessions with Academy Instructors that will include feedback on swing technique, short game skills and on course skills.
- Monthly private lesson with a Team Coach
- Complimentary "standby” playing privileges on Lake of Isles North Course and reduced fees for accompanied adult guests for the duration of the program.
- Unlimited use of the Lake of Isles practice facility for the duration of the program.
- A written "Performance Plan” that clearly outlines goals and planned action for improving the students game.
- A golf specific physical screening and exercise program which will be re-assessed and updated monthly.
- A personal journal to record all practice and coaching sessions, skills tests, weekly schedule and competitive rounds analysis.
Do you have what it takes? Program registration prerequisites are listed below. This program is designed to provide aspiring high performance athletes with a professional approach to their development as golfers and people. This program is suitable for individuals who:
- Are golf athletes motivated to improve their skills and performance;
- Are committed to being the best that they can be on and off the course;
- Take responsibility for their actions and are "coachable”;
- Do not abuse alcohol and/ or illegal drugs;
- Have positive attitudes;
- Respect and honor the game;
- Give scholastics top priority; and
- Play for the love of the game and the challenges that it presents.
Price - $270.00 per month, requires a 6 month commitment
Class Times – Saturday afternoons, twice per month