Junior Scholarship Program
The Junior Scholarship Program was launched in 2006 and is designed for junior players who are looking to advance their golfing skills. The Scholarship is open to all junior golfers aged between 10 and 17 years, with players being accepted in the program based on a written application and interview process. Once accepted in the program there is no charge for participants to take part in all planned activities.
Applicants will be evaluated on character, integrity, passion, and their potential for success at a highly competitive level. Scholarships will be awarded to eight (8) junior golfers who will be enrolled in the program from May to the end of September.
Scholarship Recipients Receive:
Instruction content to include:
- Twice monthly practice and training sessions with the Troon Golf Academy instructors.
- Complimentary "standby" playing privileges on the Lake of Isles North Course and reduced fees for all accompanied adult guests (unaccompanied play only available to juniors with a valid driverís license).
- Unlimited use of 50,000 square feet, Lake of Isles practice facilities. The practice facility includes grass teeing area, practice putting green, practice bunker and dedicated pitching area.
- A customized gift package which includes a golf bag, polo shirt, wind shirt, cap, and balls.
Applications for 2014 will be online by February 14.
- Extensive video swing analysis of full swing and short game
- Effective practice habits
- Rules & etiquette
- On-course instruction covering course management, shot selection and situational instruction.